Thursday, February 12, 2009

Jordie has braces!

isn't he cute
after

before
Jordie got his braces on yesterday. We were so excited and he looks so cute! Too bad his mouth hurts so bad today. :( We stopped at jack-in-the-box and got him an oreo shake right after he got them on, before they started hurting.
Afterschool he calle me to let me know that his ipod, phone, chapstick, rubberbands, wax & $10 got stolen out of his locker during P.E. Man, that really sucks. I picked him up from weights and we tried to talk to someone in the office, but just the costodian was there. He said to come back today.
We went to the new ATT store by Staters and those people in there are SOOOOOOO nice! Sooooooooo nice!!! The girl there told us we could get a new sim card from them for $35, and then find a phone, or just go to Walmart and get a "go phone" for $15. So we did. We walked to "the store that shall not be named" and got a go phone for $15 and brought it back to the ATT place and they cancelled the old card and activated the new phone. Hmmmm, not too bad. I am bringing them brownies today! (they are the ones who rescued us when we had that $1,500 cell phone bill last month)
Then we walked next door and got Jordie a mango smoothie with boba. Yay! Boba in Yucca! Who knew??? And it was really yummy!
We made Valentines for Harry's class last night. Dalin and I cut out a TON of cute heart bags on my cricut. Dalin and Jordan helped Harry glue the bags together. I stuffed them with a pencil and a fun dip and wrapped each one in a cute clear bag. I hope Harry likes them.
I got released from compassionate service last night. The bishop called me in to give me some other calling, and then when I got there, he seemed to change his mind, and just released me for now. He did say that there was a lot of stuff in the works and wanted me to "rest up" this weekend. Yikes. What could that mean??? I don't even want to think about it. lol. The new Relief Societey pres passed out a survey 2 weeks ago. On it she asked what one calling would we love to have forever. Hmmm, how about the greeter? You know, the guy who hands out the programs and shakes everyone's hand when they walk in. That seems like a pretty good job.
On the way home we stopped at Roach and Roses. I needed to pick up my bind-it-all for my trip to Big Bear and Jor wanted to show off his braces and Dal wanted to see Fuzzwell, and we haven't seen them since October. Roach had just returned from his trip to New Orleans. He was #2 in his company!!! Wow!!! He got the highest bonus last year. (I think that is what he said) Too cool! We stayed too long, but it was fun to catch up!
I joined Facebook on Sunday and am totally addicted now! I joined because my friend Shannon Buck has super cute flair on her blog and I wanted some too, and so I signed up and WOW!!! I had NO idea what I was missing!!! In addition to keeping up to date on friends, I actually hooked up with my uncles, aunts and long lost cousins!!! I even got to chat with Haley Baria and my darling cousin Robin... I have never even met Robin, so it was cool to get to finally say hi!
I have a million things I need to get done today.
The missionaries are coming over for dinner. Sloppy Joes, Stater puffs, salad, jello (for jordie) and root beer floats. (hopefully)
We have a meeting with Dalin's math teacher and counselor today.
I want to bring thank you brownines to the ATT store.
Dalin is going to his first dance tonight.
I need to pick up Jor from tennis, and bring him a shake for lunch, talk to someone at his school about his theft.
Probably call the police about the theft.
I need to pack up for my trip to Big Bear...
yes, the list goes on. I need to just get started.
Yay! Big Bear tomorrow!!!!
:)


No comments: