Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Extreme Spring Cleaning

Last month our family lost our home to a fire.
Wow, it was quite a shock to us! It has been 7 weeks and we are starting to get our life back to normal. We are in a rental house one street over from our old one, and will be starting construction on our "remodel" soon.
Close to my Heart has been such a wonderful blessing in my life during this crazy last few weeks.
Here is a photo of my scrap room.
My dear friend Nicki V. climbed through this mess and dug out a pile of ash. She took it back to her house and got to work sorting, seperating, cleaning and organizing. I was blown away when she presented me 2 boxes a few days later. One box had several large envelopes and small envelopes and 3-ring binders.


Nicki had rescued as many of my scrapbooks as she could! The scrapbooks themselves were beyond destroyed. (I still have no idea how she saved what she did!!!) But inside each envelope and page in the binders were my old photos!!!!! Priceless, irreplaceable, precious photos!!! What joy filled my heart! It was a miracle! Nicki pulled the pics out of the page protectors while they were still wet. The pages were all ruined, but she saved so many photos! Amazing!
The next box completely BLEW ME AWAY!!!! I took the lid off, and inside were 87 of my completed layouts!






Nicki found several of my scrapbooks, and would you believe that it was my Close to my Heart books that saved my pages! All I had to do was slide those 87 pages into new page protectors and they are ready for a brand new album!
Thank you so much Nicki! And thanks Close to My Heart for having such a great product!!!!!

No comments: