Saturday, May 14, 2011

Starr’s Famous Cookies

Yesterday I posted about the "better for you cookies" and that was pretty fun but no one in my family liked them. So, today, because we are actually not going on our beach trip after all, and I got to stay home and try to keep my mind off the fact that the dog bit Harry in the face and he is at the ER with his Dad & Jordie, I decided to make *my* cookies.


(I swear, I was gonna make them and post about them sometime soon... I just wasn't planning on it so soon.)

I have had this recipe for years! I got it from Tabitha or Wendy Towne, like 15 years ago. It started as the "Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe" and over the years I have kind of perfected it. (like, I don't use the grated candy bar like the original recipe calls for)

Today I tried to do my usual "dabbling" and forgot that I needed to follow the recipe exactly. So, these cookies, although not dry, are a little stiff. I switched the amounts of flour and oatmeal today. *don't do that when you make these*

These are my families favorite and are the cookies that we sell to raise money for Tender Loving Christmas, and that we give away to our friends and loved ones. Enjoy!

Here we go:

Starr’s Famous Cookies

• 2 cups butter

• 2 cups sugar

• 2 cups brown sugar

• 4 eggs

• 2 tsp. vanilla

• 1 tsp. salt

• 2 tsp. baking soda

• 2 tsp baking powder

• 5 cups  oatmeal (blended)
• 4 cups flour

• 24 oz. chocolate chips

• 3 cups chopped nuts (your choice, I love pecans)
Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender (or food processor) to a fine powder.
Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

(was dalin helping or testing?)
Bake for 12 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.
(Recipe may be halved)
Here is Max helping out.  He feels guilty.
Here are the finished cookies:

Here is Harry, before the incident, with our other dog, Korndawg. 
Korn would never try to eat Harry, but he sure does like to try and steal cookies off the counter ;)


No comments: