Monday, February 2, 2009

It just keeps getting better!

I was totally proud of myself to actually go into the gym, and then stay there, and then to do something. Since Jordan needed a ride I found myself in town way early than I needed to be for weight watchers. I dropped Jordie off at Staters with Dave and I finally went to the gym. (partly for Dave, since he was just hassling me about the gym membership that I never use) I walked in and saw my friend Susan. We used to work at YMES together and always planned on working out together and only got together like maybe twice. She moved to 29 palms el while I was on my trip and I haven't seen her since October.
So there we were on the bikes. We just got started when I was approached by a cute guy. Whoa, who is checking me out??? I have only been working out for like 1 minute... I can't look that good this fast. lol.
False alarm... it was my cute little brother, Roach. And in my defense, I haven't seen him since Oct 2, when I watched the boys so he and Rose could go to the Neil Diamond concert. I am a terrible sister... we didn't even get together for Christmas. I let him know that I have their presents sitting on my dresser. He is getting ready for the 100 mile Palm Springs bike ride on Valentine's Day. So, I guess I have seen him recently... I just saw him riding his bike up OWS yesterday. I drove past him and 2 of his buddies on my way to church. I didn't know it was him, but I asked him and he was like "yeah, that was me." Cool.
So, by going to the gym I got to let Roach know that I am still alive, AND I got to catch up with Susan. Hopefully we can get together more often. And hopefully I will go to the gym more than one time a year.

Then I raced to Weight Watchers. I am so grateful for my MIL who has been almost dragging me there sometimes. And I did lose. I sure wish that I was better at keeping track of my points on Friday... How much was that sushi??? Jeff prepared a game of Jeopardy for us to play. It was funny. He makes our meetings fun. Who knew... fun at a WW meeting?!?!??

Staters frozen pizza for dinner... 2 for $7, then FHE tonight.

No comments: