Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm a Mom

I'm a Mom. Yes, it is true. But it seems like I am more like a taxi driver today. I got to take Harry to school @8 this morning for reading class. Then the day went pretty much like normal. Until just after lunch.
I got a call from Dal's teacher requesting a conference. My sweet little Dal??? Really. He is such a good kid. His teachers usually LOVE LOVE him. But I know that he has been clashing with his math teacher.
So, I got to chat with her for about 13 + minutes. She does like Dal... he is just mad and would rather make paper cranes than do his work.
Then just a few minutes after I got done with the teacher call, Harry is brought into my classroom. He has a HUGE split in his pants and I need to take him home to change into something else.
Ok, Harry changed clothes and as I pulled back into the school parking lot Dalin calls me. His bus is packed with extra kids from the other part of town, and they are dropping all of those kids off first. He is miserable and wants me to pick him up from the bus.
Since I was still in the car, I pulled back out to rescue Dalin.
It wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. I chased down the wrong bus and had to wait about 10 minutes. Finally I found the right bus, and Dal and Weston get off. I got to take Weston home first, then Dal, then try to race back to school before the day is over.
The rediculous thing is that the boys probably beat the bus home by about 10 minutes, and I was REALLY late getting back.
I finished up the day and as soon as I got home Jordie called. He is done with wrestling and needs a ride home. Hhmmm... maybe we need to re-think this whole Monday after-workout-ride thing.
Ok, off to pick up Jordie, then back home for a few minutes before I go back down the hill AGAIN for Weight Watchers.
I am hoping for a loss. I tried to stay on points ALL week, and did REALLY good till Friday when I took Dave out for sushi. Oooohhhh, it was soooooooo yuuummmmmmyyy!!! Really!
Then Friday I totally didn't didn't count my points, so I have no idea what happened that day. Saturday I was better, and yesterday was Fast Sunday, so I got to save points for Dave's Super Bowl guacamole! (another super yummy treat.) Anyway... I'm hoping for a loss, but I never know what I am gonna get each week.
And now I'm off to get Jordie.

:)

No comments: